If you’re looking for a five-star luxury experience, Autocamp is not the accommodation for you. As the name suggests, it is more like camping.
In fact, the handcrafted Airstream trailers do offer some luxurious amenities even in the limited Airstream quarters, and for those visiting with the right mindset, it’s a fun way to spend a couple days near the beach in Santa Barbara shopping at boutique shops and visiting bakeries.
Boutique Airstream Hotel Experience
The handcrafted Airstream trailers are equipped with everything from microwave/convection ovens to hardwood floors, running water and a full bath. Each unit features a seating area outside to enjoy the sunshine and a couple of bikes are also assigned to each unit which are handy for visiting downtown or seeing the sights.
In all, Autocamp has five Airstreams. Each is appointed with a variety of amenities and varying sleeping arrangements.
- Unit 1: 1972 Airstream Sovereign featuring a queen suite, full kitchen, and clawfoot tub with shower.
- Unit 2: 1959 Airstream Overlander offering two twin beds and one full bed with a retro family style suite and full kitchen
- Unit 3: 1959 Airstream Overlander with a full bed situated in a cozy sleeping nook and a sleeping lounge for two. Also offers full kitchen.
- Unit 4: 1962 Airstream Overlander features identical sleeping arrangements as unit 3 and a full kitchen.
- Unit 5: 1964 Airstream Sovereign offers a midcentury modern one-bedroom queen suite, deep soaking tub with air jets, and a full kitchen.
Things to Do and See
Autocamp offers an ideal location as it is within walking distance to many of the areas local eateries, bars, and shops. Guests can also take advantage of their complementary bikes to visit world-class beaches, Stearn’s Wharf and the Harbor, or the hip ‘funk Zone’ district for wine tasting and art galleries.
If you’re looking for a unique glamping experience, Autocamp is the place to stay. However, it is important to note that Autocamp is part of a larger trailer park.
Photo credits: Hi-Tech USA